Monday, January 16, 2012

Do You Know?

Life has been so crazy around here lately. My husband, Bobby, and I have put in some hours (mostly him) and it seems that we get so caught up in our day to day to stop and do what is most important, delving into the word! I might read a proverb or a psalm or pray as I'm running out the door, but I'm not giving my Abba the time he needs. So, I guess here is where my new years resolution kicks in. I hate to call it that cause everyone knows that NO ONE keeps their resolutions,but here it goes! (Other then getting my priorities straight, I'm going to start working out, plus I have a few other goals that I'll get into later). So, I start my day with a cup of coffe and my Bible! A few things that Bobby and I have been faced with here lately has mainly to do with his work and all that brings with it (long story)! I know that God challenges us in our everyday lives to fit us and mold us! The tough part is succeeding in this process. The Lord and his wonderfulness always leads me to the right scripture to read right after a heart to heart. So, I opened my bible this morning and read exactly what I needed to hear! It might not make sense to everyone, but here it is anyways! Oh, and I hate taking things out of context, but I think that scripture applies today just as much as it did 2000 years ago. Even though people here don't really sacrifice to idols, they still have so-called idols in their life, things that get between them and the real God!
1 Corinthians 8:1-3. "We know that we all possess knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love builds up. The man who thinks he know something does not yet know as he aught to know. But the man who loves God is known by God."
I think that in today's society we focus heavily on what we know. Like I'm smarter then you and I'll just show you how smart I am and how stupid you are. I get that feeling in about every situation in life (I'm guilty of it as well). It's like we have to prove ourself and showing off what we know is the only way to do that. Humbling yourself is about the only way to handle this situation. Not reacting with the, "Oh yea, I'll show you I know." Ive been so proud of Bobby for swallowing his pride and just learning, whether he feels stupid or not. And I can personally say that I've learned loads this past year. When we put ourselves in a position where we think that we know everything, that's where you know the least. Like it says in verse 2, " ...he does not yet know as he ought to know." In the cliff notes it says, "Even the wisest and most knowledgeable among Christians have only limited knowledge. God is the only one who knows all." That is so true. We think that we have all these smarts and are know everything about this or that, but just think about all the things we don't know. Compared to God, we now a very small fraction of what we'll know in heaven. I know the more that I realize that I don't know, the closer I am to where I need to be! Praise God for loving us even when we are dimwits! I'll end with this.
Romans 11:33-36 "Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!
Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?
Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?
For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen."

1 comment: