Thursday, February 16, 2012

Do not show favoritism!

It crazy how God works! He amazes me all the time. We had a great bible study last night. I'm mean one that I take stuff away and try to make it true in my life. I did day one for this weeks lesson this morning and I have to say, it was one of the best ones yet. I'm all pumped up and ready to face the world. Get to work and God's like, "Ok, now put it into action, Mandiemcilroy!" This is where the hard part comes. I get the lesson, but then doing as James tells us and 'doing the thing' is another story. (You gotta love Beth Moore). So, needless to say, when you ask God to challenge you, don't be surprised when he says, "Ok, jump in with 2 feet!" And man it's hard to put are flesh aside, our feelings aside, and lift others faces up. This is not the time to say, "But I'm not ready, Lord!" Just do the thing! Our God is nothing if he's not faithful and loving. Oh, to imitate him!
So, my challenge is like James says, "Dear Brothers, do not show favoritism." James 2:1
Also, think on these words that hit me this morning. Out of James 2:19
"You believe there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that- and shutter!"
Think on that!
Be blessed!
Mandie

1 comment:

  1. Wow - right between the eyes!! LOVE IT!!

    Got the Valentine yesterday! Sooooo Cute!!

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete