Wednesday, November 7, 2012

GOD BLESS AMERICA

You've heard the saying, "If you didn't vote, you can't complain"? It is very popular on my facebook feed. Well I want to change that to, "If you didn't pray you can't complain!"
I have kind of been in shock this morning... not really knowing what to think or say. {I didn't have much of a chance to say anything, though. My husband had plenty to say!} I've tried imagining what life will be like. What will change. What is blown out of proportion....
And even though I really didn't want to get out of my house and face the world, I found myself getting ready and going to work... just like this was any ole regular day. After processing all this stuff over and over, a thought popped into my head. It was what Jesus said on the cross... "Forgive them Father, for they know not what they are doing." (Luke 23:34)
People today are not much different then they were 2 thousand years ago. Yes, technology has come a long way, but people have been deceived by the master liar for years. Today is not that different. By no means am I comparing Romney to Jesus, but just how we handle the situation. Just think about what Jesus said. He could have been so mad and frustrated with them and said, "to hell with you all!", but he didn't. He said, "Lord, forgive them. They don't know any better." So, with a Christ like attitude, I am not going to complain.... even though I voted... or moan, or whatever. I am going to continue to pray for our country that was established on  faith and in God we trust



... and if it comes down to it, we'll secede from the nation! :)

GOD BLESS AMERICA and ISRAEL!

M

1 comment:

  1. Texas succession all they way, girl!!!!!! Just let us get moved back, first! We have been praying, and will be praying even harder that the Lord will open the door for us to move back.
    Great post, I loved the verse you shared... So many didn't know what they were doing, yet so many did. And that is what's so very sad about it all. All we can do is keep trusting, and praying, moment by moment. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete