Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pumpkins

If you haven't been able to tell yet, I like pumpkins! They are fall to me. You can throw out all the Halloween stuff and give me pumpkins.

I have made some fabric pumpkins to set around the house. Once I got the hang of it, they are really simple to do. I made these from a compilation of pins I found. Some are stuffed with plastic bags, some with scraps and some with pillow stuffing.

I cut pieces of fabric in rectangles in ratios of 1x2. For example: 8x16, 6x12, 4x8... You get the picture. Fold in half and sew short ends together with right sides together. Now you have a tube.
On one end of your tube, sew a whip stitch around the whole edge, bunch and sew closed. Turn right side out and stuff.
Now, you can do it a couple of different ways.
1. One of my pumpkins I have a dowel rod in the middle for a stem. {You can use a stick as well.} You will want to bunch the top of the pumpkin around that.
2. For the others, I gathered the fabric at the top and started wrapping it closed. {I have used jute twine and yarn, you can use whatever!} I then started wrapping the twine around the pumpkin, like a present. Once I get it around 6 or 8 times, I incorporate those ends into the stem. I just wrap it tightly, curving it as I go and tie it off at the end.

And viola'! A cute pumpkin for your shelf!

Hope y'all have a great Tuesday. GO AND VOTE!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment