Wednesday, December 21, 2011

On the 9th day of Christmas...

On the 9th day of Christmas...

Made sugar cookies! I must say that they are to die for. I had made a batch that I have found of pinterest (not naming and names) that looked good, so i thought I'd try it. Sorry Mom! Those are gone now and I wanted to make another batch to put frosting on, but this time I searched trough all my recipes to find my Mom's and I'm so glad I did. I made myself sick off of the dough, but it was worth it! Yummy! I don't know if it's laziness or simplicity, but I only made Christmas Trees and Candy Canes. I'm going to make some icing to go on them tonight. I was too tired last night and had to make supper and all that jazz!

I also made some Texas Turtles for my Grandma, even though the boys will probably eat them all tonight!
I call them Texas turtles because the pretzels are Texas shaped!

My Scripture for the day comes from...

1 John 1:3-4
"We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. We write this to make our joy complete."

There are several things about this passage that jump out at me. First, it says, "We proclaim" to others. Have I been proclaiming what I've heard? I think that we get so caught up in our day to day and hustle and bustle of Christmas that we forget to have joy and forget 'proclaim" that joy! Secondly, this season, Christmas, is about the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Instead of me worrying about getting everything done and filling my life with all this stuff that I should be making time for fellowship with my Jesus! I want to spend the rest of this Christmas season with Him!


8 Maids a Milking,
7 Swans a Swimming,
6 Geese a Laying, 
5 GOLDEN RINGS...
4 Calling Birds,
3 French Hens,
2 Turtle Doves,
And a Partridge in a Pear Tree!

1 comment: