Tuesday, October 9, 2012

love this crazy, tragic, Sometimes almost magic, Awful, beautful life!

Now that I can finally function with out a horrible sinus headache I'll get back to this...

This sinusy, cold junk had been going around... so I guess it was my turn. I was starting to feel pretty bad on our Warrenton trip and by the time I got home Monday afternoon I was feeling awful. Since I knew I was feeling bad and would feel worse, I ended up taking off Monday so I wouldn't have to drive home late Sunday night and then get up early and go to work. I decided to go ahead and go to work Tuesday and Wednesday {even though I didn't feel very good} and I had to go into work on Thursday, due to others already asking off and being short handed. We've been over-loaded with land-men in the office and they have been wanting copy after copy, not fun when you know you need to be resting.

{For those of you who don't know, I work part time in several offices in the county. The first half of the week I'm in the Glasscock County AgriLife Extension Office, 2 days in the clerk's office and 1/2 day in the county judge's office. Needless to say, I have a lot on my plate. That doesn't even include being the counties Republican Party Chair... ugh...}

Thursday, right after lunch, Bobby calls me needing help. He had got all the cows up and needed help sorting, loading and hauling cattle. We'd been planning for weeks to preg cows and sell calves, so there is still no rest for the weary. I end up leaving work {let's just say I went home sick} and go help Mr. Bob. Praise the Lord, the cattle loaded right up, no problems what-so-ever and we even got the crazies loaded!! After all the cows were at the pens, we had to get hay and take the crazies to the sale. At this point, we don't care if they are bred or not... they gotta go! Last time we worked, #36 almost ran right over Bobby. Then she plowed right through the fence. We may have gotten them a little stirred up, but there was no call for that. Off she goes.

Bobby didn't feel comfortable with me pulling the hay buggy, so I got to take the cows to town. I got to the sale barn and unload the ladies. I'm shutting a gate and waiting on the guy to tag them and all... one of those hussies starts slipping around in the mud/poop that is all sloppy from the 4 inches of rain... let's just say it was not my day. This face is just accepting of the fact that these things just happen to me!

You can't even see all the poop in my hair and all over my back, side, front.... you get the point. Plus... I had already wiped it out of my mouth. Yum!

Anyways. I got home and got me a hot shower and supper! No big mishaps... there is always something to be thankful for.

Friday- I decide to stay home. One- my boss told me to and Two- it's time to work cattle. Everything went off without a hitch. The continual presence of our Heavenly Father!! I wish I had pictures, but I was too busy loading the chute. I do have a picture from last week. We were feeding.

Saturday we haul the cows back out to pasture. They still had some hay left, so we decided to let them finish it up over night. No sense in wasting, right? Bobby had gotten up early to help with the sausage making. Every year the catholic church makes thousands of pounds of sausage that they sell at the Fall Festival. Even though we have never been to the Festival, he likes to go help cut meat up... I guess it's a guy thing! I was fine with that because I was still in bed , sleeping! We pretty much did nothing else the rest of the day. Just snuggled on the couch and watched Pawn Stars and American Pickers. {all we watch now-a-days}

Sunday we didn't do much. With 50* highs there is not much you want to do, but with winter coming on and only one dog house, we decided to build them another one. They shared the house sometime, but it couldn't be that comfy crammed in that little house. This one is much more spacious. They can share if they want, but they can also each have their own. We took the dogs to the shop and spent all day with them and building the dog house.

We started off with 2 different ways of how we wanted to build the house {and if you know Bobby, you know who won... him!} I decided that it was not that big of a deal so this is what we ended up with.

You can see bobby in the background cutting some metal.

One very proud Poppa!

Sage was in the middle of everything all day. She wanted to help with everything.

Dog Days. She doesn't know her size. She thinks she is a lap dog.
I'm guessing she weighs around 45 pounds!

After we got the house built, Bobby made some bed rails for the bed in our guest bedroom. We're storing the bed room suite for his boss and it didn't come with bed rails.... a little frustrating. But I got my handy dandy little husband on it and now I can finally set up the bed and have to room in order. {Pictures to come}

After only working 2 1/2 days last week I was ready to go back to work... but wait... it's Columbus Day!! I get yet another day off. I feel like I haven't been at work at all.

I got a couple things done on my day off. I slept in!!! and I touched up some paint in the house. There are a couple other projects that I'm working on... I'll let you in when I get them done.

Hope y'all have a wonderful short week!



  1. Wow!!! Busy girl - hope you are feeling better! Have a great week!!

    Love ya!

  2. Sorry to hear you were not well. Glad to know you're doing a little better.
    You've been crazy busy in spite of it. I'm glad you got some days off :)

  3. Girl, you are one busy gal!!
    Sounds like fun, the working cattle does, although the cow splat all over you isn't, but I've been there numerous times, too. ;)

    Handy hubby's are good to have around, huh?!

    Can't wait to see the 'couple of projects' you are working on! :)

    Have a blessed day! :)