Thursday, October 17, 2013

Some BIG News!

It is relieving to finally get to share this. I have debated on sharing my thoughts for a while now, just never went through with it!

 All those thoughts that I've had the last year and a half of trying, seem so dim. All is forgotten and I am just basking in His Glory with Thanksgiving!! God is so good and his timing is perfect. I know we always say, "In God's timing this will happen or that will happen", but in reality that is so hard to live out.




My mom gave me some excellent advice that gave the "peace in waiting!" That was that there is a time from our kids to be born. They of course could not be born before their time, but we sometimes want them in our time and by our schedule. Her prime example is the the time my dad was born. See, his parents were married 11 years before he came along (he is the first child). In 1940 that is unheard of. I don't believe they used as many forms of birth control as we do these days. If my dad had been born 10 years earlier, there is a huge chance he would have never met my mom. He is already 5 years older then her. Who knows where his life would have taken him.

Though I'm glad I did not have to wait 11 years for my first child, it puts "God's timing" into perspective! I'm so thankful and overjoyed by this new life he has put in me. He is faithful and just!!

Realize that this is a sort of random post. I am definitely not a writer, plus my brain is a bit jumbled. Not only and I dealing with all the changes pregnancy does to your body, I'm also trying to get ready for this weekend. This is the weekend we've been planning for for months. Petticoats on the Prairie. I'm excited, but with that comes lots of nerves. Maybe y'all can say a prayer for me!! :)

Well, that is the BIG News! At around 2 months along, I'm so glad that I don't have to keep this a secret anymore and that I'm feeling very good. I have nausea spells, but no sickness really!! Praise The Lord!!!

I will be back with more updates, soon! As for now, the little gummy bear and I are out!

Have a great weekend!!

Mandie

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited - (I'm singing the song in my head as I write this!!!!)

    Love ya,

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how thrilled I am for you Mandie!!!
    Oh my goodness! This just makes me so happy!
    I'm glad that you haven't dealt with too much sickness :)
    I wish you well with your big weekend too! I can't wait to hear how it goes.
    The best to you (and yours)!

    ReplyDelete