Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tell is ALL Tuesday!

It almost a month has past and I haven't blogged. It would be an understatement to say that I've been busy, but it seems like everyone is that way now a days! I will try and update you as best as I can remember!

First off: my husband has been gone a lot. He has been to Oklahoma to farm on two separate trips. Both at least a week. So, I've used that time to work on projects. I didn't get quite as much as I wanted done, but such is life. It gets in the way of projects. My problem is I have WAY to many of them in my head that I could never be able to accomplish them all... or so it seems. I guess maybe I need to stay away from Pinterest!
The latest busyness is Bobby left for Oklahoma on the 13th of September, returned the 22nd of September, then left for Del Rio {with his boss to work} on Wednesday {the 25th} the I left the 26th to go on my girls trip weekend {more on that later} and he returned home the 26th after I left then I got home on the 29th. Lets just say we haven't seen each other much. I'm sure most of you don't even care about our schedule, but it seems to just be getting busier. AHHH!!!

On a good, stress removing note, I have narrowed my employment down. Not sure if I've shared this before, but I have worked in 3 separate offices within my county for almost 2 years (November would have made 2 years). So now, I have quit one office and just work in 2! If this sounds crazy... that is because it is. Gotta love small communities!! So starting today, which is the first day of our new fiscal year, I am just working for the extension office and for the county judge. I'm loving it so far. I love not having to worry about all that other stuff! I didn't realize how much of a relief that it would give me, but it has!

Another thing that has added to my busy, crazy life is Texas Cotton Tales. My sister and I have started this "company" if you will. We make things for babies and for home decor and such to sell. We have an etsy shop and are about to have our first booths at shows. This weekend is the first one. The little community I live in has a huge fall festival every year. So we are going to have a booth there and see if we can't sell anything. I've actually never been to this fall festival so I'm not sure quite what to expect, but it's so close to home I figured, "what the hay!" Then the big one is Petticoats on the Prairie, October 18-19 in Colorado City, Texas.  This will be a bit bigger. Which is more intimidating, but ready or not....
This has somewhat to do with why I've been trying to get all these projects done.... well it has everything to do with that!!
If you're close, y'all should come check it out. There are details on Petticoats on the Prairie's facebook page.

I will try and get some more pictures up of projects for our booth. I have a couple I can share. Sorry if I'm re-sharing some of these.


That is just a brief glimpse of some of the stuff we have going! Much more to come!!

And I've also finished a couple of chalkboards.

some blank ones to sell or to do custom stuff on!
This is one I sold!

This is one I made for myself... maybe I will sell it too!
 I know that my work is not the best, but I have so much fun doing this stuff! And I think the more and more I work on, the better I will get!

We went on our girls trip to Warrenton for antique week this past weekend. It was hot, but it was fun. Let's just say when you're used to a very dry climate and you go where there is 100% humidity, your body is in for a shock! But Sunday was much nicer and we found some good stuff. The best part of the trip was getting to hang out with the girls in my family and spend time with my sweet, walking niece, Miss Gracen! Love that little girl to pieces! She is so happy and has the most wonderful laugh! I love it!!!
I will try to get pictures of all the goodies I found and update, soon!

Welp... That's about all the good stuff I know. I know fall is here and the mornings are chilly! Can't complain with that!

Happy 1st Day of October!!

Mandie

3 comments:

  1. I think your work is beautiful Mandie!
    I am so excited to see how your booths go...you can give me some pointers for mine...things you learned, tips and pointers, etc...
    I'm also happy for you that you're working less and have more time for projects! Always a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!! Even though I know most of what is going on - always nice to read and update!

    Love ya,

    MOM

    ReplyDelete