Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Week 28.

 As the weeks fly by I am more and more feeling the crunch to get things ready for Mr. Asa, and yet still have not much progress on this place he will sleep.... his crib! My goal was to get it done before March, yet here it is just a few days away. We almost scrapped the idea and I thought I found something else I liked, but that fell through, so I guess we are back on the cedar crib plan. Time will soon tell if we can get it done. 

March is going to be a busy one for us. My first shower is this weekend! Some sweet ladies that go to church with his parents are throwing it for me, so we are headed that direction. Of course all Bobby really cares about is coyote hunting while we will be at the shower. I mean we have to focus on what is important here!

The next weekend Bobby is going with some guys for a guys weekend! He hasn't done that in a while and I'm sure he will enjoy his time! Probably the last for a little while!

The next weekend is a shower the my sisters are hosting for me and the next is another shower here in GC. I feel so blessed that all these people care about us and are excited for this little bundle we are bringing into the world! It is kinda overwhelming and definitely humbling to "feel the love"!

Another thing that will be keeping me busy is Texas Cotton Tales. I know I haven't talked about it in a while. We had a couple shows in October and since then it has just been holidays and baby planning {and cold freezing weather!}. Now we have a couple more coming up this spring. The first I won't be able to make due to a shower the same weekend, but we were contacted by a lady through Etsy to come to her show in Cleburne. That is a cool feeling when people approach you about their interest in what you do! We are so thrilled and my little sis is actually going to be helping us with this one. 

Even though I am not attending, I still have to get things made and ready for that show! I have been trying to get at least one little project done at a time! 

Then we have Petticoats on the Prairie April 11-12. I will be more of a presence then help, but it will be fun!

This past weekend I got a few things knocked out! I've been so preoccupied with getting stuff ready for Asa that I haven't done much for TCT or the Esty shop at all. I finally got a few of those things on our Etsy shop

I made these tassel banners. I think they turned out cute, so I hope that others do too and they sell good!


 And I made a few chalkboards. {Something I need to do more of!}




A couple canvasses that I framed. 




Slowly but surely I am getting some things rounded up! I've done a couple other projects that I haven't taken pictures of. 

I also finally put a custom chalkboard on Etsy. I will see how that does. I have had several people tell me that I need to do that, but am just now braving it!

Hopefully this and Thirty One will keep me busy as I stay home with Asa!



Now for the update. 

Mr. Asa weighs 2 1/4 pounds (about the size of a large eggplant) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can open and close his eyes, which now sport lashes. This movement is more of a reflexive blink than a deliberate opening and closing, but it won't be long before he's batting those beauties at you. 

One thing I know for sure is he is very active. Yesterday I felt like he moved ALL afternoon. It kinda concerned me a little, but I'm sure it is just part of the growing process. 

This morning he as {is} at it again. I grabbed Bobby's hand and he probably move the most Bobby has ever felt. It is pretty cool! He had been a big wiggle worm.

With the chalkboard, just to explain Texas weather, I am definitely ready for spring. We have had some beautiful days. This past weekend was gorgeous. Today it was 27* as I was driving to work. Brrr...

Bring on the sunshine!
Not sure if I have grown much since last week, but I'm definitely starting to experience moving around the bump. More and more it is getting harder to bend over. 

I was trying to paint my toes the other day and it was about all I could do to reach! Maybe I will have to teach Bobby how to paint toes... ha!

Here is to 12 weeks left!

Hope you all have a great "bump" day!

M

1 comment:

  1. I've said it before and I'll say it again...You are so talented with your chalkboards! I love them!
    If you end up having Bobby paint your toenails, you'll have to be sure to post a picture of them :)
    Have fun with all of your showers!...so fun :)

    ReplyDelete