Monday, November 18, 2013

Thankful November. Day 16-18

Day #16.
I am thankful for the Fall weather.
This has been one of the strangest years I can remember. It is probably not like this for most, but if you live in Texas, you'll know what I'm talking about. We have had actual seasons. That's right! Spring felt like actual spring, summer is hot as usual, but now we are experiencing fall! I'm loving it. Enjoying cool mornings, cool evenings, sipping hot cider {since I can't do coffee right now!} and cuddling on the couch. Most of the time we go from 100 degree weather to freezing over night. No warning, no time to aclimate. Most thankful for this cool FALL weather! And for the rains we've had with the Fall!!


Day #17.
I am thankful for Sunday Fun Day!
This is stripping {cotton} season and that means that I get up, make breakfast, pack Bobby a lunch and then send him out the door. He doesn't return until dark 30 or later if they're on a roll. It's all part of the job, but I don't get to spend much time with him {or talk to him on the phone since he doesn't have service where he's been :( } Anyhow... Today {Sunday} has been a great day of getting to enjoy each other and the things we love. We did a couple chores around the house this morning, then after lunch went and fed cows, played with the dogs and then moved some equipment from one farm to another. It was good to get to spend time doing that together and working on our OWN things for a change! Love my love and fun Sundays together!!


Day #18.
I am thankful for weekly updates.
I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before {I'm probably I have, though}, but once I found out I was prego, I got on baby center to find out due dates and all that. I just put in some dates and then it gave me the info I wanted. Now I get weekly email updates with my babies progress. It is the best part of Monday's, by far!
Just since I love seeing what my little one is up to week by week, I will share this weeks update with you!

This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb. Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him -- a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb. In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches -- about the size of a lemon -- and weighs 1 1/2 ounces.
 
 
It is so fascinating to me to see how fast they grow and develope. It's a definite miracle and there is DEFINITELY A GOD!!!
 
 
Happy Update Day!!
 
M

1 comment:

  1. How fun Mandie! That sounds like a cool website. I'll have to check it out :)
    Glad you can experience fall this year. It is my second favorite season...spring being my first!

    ReplyDelete